Friday, October 9, 2009

,Venting.

I'm so aggrivated/enraged right now I could spit fire.

So, last entry I talked about my woes with computer monitors. I finally grabbed up a third monitor that Thomas found at the church he works at that was just sitting in storage. It's still a bulky older one, but it's stinking huge and looks great. It was made right before everyone started to use flat screens. The colors are crisp and clear and it's super bright and 24 inches. Lovely piece of equipment.

Lo and behold I find that the left side is stretched. WTF. Why am I finding every monitor in the world that has a stretched left side of its screen?? Then something occurs to me. Maybe it's not the monitors after all. Maybe there's something wrong with my video card. I've had it for three years now, maybe it's seeing its last days. I talked with Kris and he asked me a few questions to determine if it's the screens or the video card. We both concluded it was the video card. Woah, huge load off my shoulders there. I had my old dual screen video card laying around before I used that other card for Wow, which I don't play anymore. We also had another video card from Thomas' dad's computer he dosen't use anymore so we had several plans to choose from in case Plan A fell through. Thomas comes home from work. To put it all in a nutshell, he had to uninstall drivers and whatnot for that video card because it wasn't recognizing the other two cards. Still, after everything is whiped out that has to do with that stupid screwed up video card, my dadgum computer won't recognize the other video cards. Only my screwed one. WTF.

So NOW I'm left with working with less than half of the right side of my screen if I want to get any artwork done digitally. (which is basically everything I draw now) I can't do that. It's ridiculous. I don't have the money to buy a new video card (which, I'm scared I'd be wasting my money on it due to the fact that this stupid machine won't recognize any other video card except for the screwed one I have) and I definitely don't have the money to get this stupid machine looked at to figure out why it will only take my one card and get it fixed.

I hate, HATE PC's. I wouldn't be having this problem with a Mac. Nope.

I'm hating technology at the moment. I really am.

No comments: