Tuesday, October 6, 2009

.Not A Very Fun Week.

We're having to wait at least six months before we start seriously house hunting. I was bummed at first, but this is good because we can save up more money in the long run.

And to help us save more money, we're downsizing a little and moving to another apartment complex. I like the one we're at now because it's literally across the street from Thomas job, but it's really expensive. The new place we found only has one less bathroom but more square footage and not too far away from the church/Thomas' job and two hundred bucks less, which will really help in the money saving. One major bummer about it is that there's no washer and dryer hook ups. Oy. We have to find someone to babysit our washer and dryer for six months. I have to go back to saving loads to lug to my inlaws' house or grabbing quarters for the laundromat. Not fun. But I can handle that for six months if it means money saved for a home instead of an apartment. That means a yard and a dog and our own washer and dryer again with a garage.. yes!

My fish Yoshimitsu died last week. I was very sad and burst into tears when Thomas came home thirty seconds after me finding Yoshi dead in his bowl. That wasn't fun at all. I miss him very much.

My computer monitor went stupid on me last week, screwing with colors and brightness beyond what adjusting the gamma could fix and it was making my drawings come out wonky. So I had to wait until I got my paws on a new monitor, thankfully donated by Kris who just switched out monitors with me. This new monitor was great, until I found out that one side of the screen is squished and the other side of the screen is stretched. It's subtle, but you reeeeally notice it in my drawings. I noticed it after I submitted a drawing on my website and wondered why on everyone elses' computer it looked like the drawing was squished from the sides, making the faces of the characters very long. I then realized the dilemma this monitor I'm using now has. Oh my gosh, WHY can't I just grab up a monitor that works?? Seriously, this is putting me in a murderous mood. I have drawings to finish and I can't because the last two monitors I've gone through have something wrong with them and I don't have the money to throw down for a brand new flat one or something. Thomas is seeing if he can find an extra monitor at his work that I can use. Hopefully, because this has gotten old quickly. =(

At least today has awesome weather for the most part. Cloudy, cool, and breezy with rain chances rising. Ah.. this makes me wish I had a yard to sit out in and read a good book and sip some hot tea. At least at the new apartment we'll be moving to will have a porch I can sit out on. It looks over the pretty courtyard they have from three stories up. =)

Gotta get off the computer and finish getting things ready to pack. I don't want to procrastinate like I always do when it's time to move. And when we move, this will by my 10th time to move. That's a lot of moving in a five and a half year period. Good Lord..

No comments: