Sunday, March 30, 2008

.User is Online.

I'm online too much, I'm realizing. Way too much. Sitting in the computer chair all day does nothing but hurt my already horrible posture. I'm afraid it has become an addiction. Because of my dwindling social life.. I've turned to the internet world full of far away friends and acquaintances.

I miss the old high school/college days where I had somewhere to go and someone to meet almost every day. Maybe it's because I'm getting stir crazy. Maybe it's because Thomas is gone for twelve hours a day. Especially when he's on night shifts right now I don't see him at all. It's starting to wear down on me. I'm not feeling distanced from him or anything like that.. I just miss him. We seem to nitpick at each other and argue when we're apart more than we're together.

He's looking into getting another job. I really wanted him to stay at this one, and he wanted to too, but being apart so much is just too much. A friend of ours from church mentioned a job they used to have that pays very well, but it's 9-5, holidays and weekends off. Oh, I pray that an opportunity like that opens up for Thomas. Coming home covered in binder and fiber glass, seeing his wife and son during very short waking periods three times a week, and working holidays is really weighing down on the poor thing. (Us too..)

The apartment we want is still up in the air. We're going to call the guy back on Monday. Thomas doesn't think we should because we'd be 'bothering' them, but I beg to differ. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I want that apartment. We've been asking God for this apartment, and He gives us the desires of our hearts, so we're praying and praying and praying some more. This place would be wonderful for us and for growing Vincent.

My birthday is coming up soon. We're (going to try) visiting my mom for the occasion since she hasn't seen Vincent since he was a few days old. My step dad and sister hasn't seen him except for pictures I send. My poor mother.. she's so jealous of Thomas' parents and siblings because we live in the same city, so they get to see Vincent as much as their hearts' desire. Which is why I don't understand when Thomas' mother gets mad that we want to visit my family on holidays. "It's not fair.. we don't get him for such-and-such holiday!" Well? You see him pretty much every day... my mother deserves to see him as much as you guys do, and she doesn't get to. *sigh* Inlaws. Gotta love them, bickering and all.

Thomas asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I think I want a Nintendo DS. I borrowed my friend Kris' for a while, and it was SO fun. Most of all though, I want to go on a shopping spree for clothes. Post pregnancy left me with hardly anything. I'm back down to my weight I was before.. but my bone structure and chest is different. I can't wait.

Thomas is asleep right now. I wake him up at three. He won't have to sleep in so late in the day since he has the next three days(er.. nights) off. I'm excited. The house is a disaster area (again) so we're probably going to use today to give everything a good scrub down and organization redo. I've put together a cleaning schedule that I've vowed to stick to. I'm such a clutter bug so hopefully this will keep me in line. Plus, we need to pack things away that we don't use every day for the move. I'm believing for that apartment so why not show God I trust Him by packing things away to get ready? =)

Anyway.. as I said up at the beginning of the post.. I'm on the internet WAY too much. I'm going to stop that and start using it in low doses. Starting now.

No comments: