Tuesday, December 22, 2009

.Yay Memes!.

So we’re visiting my folks in Abilene for Christmas this year. It’ll be Vincent’s first Christmas with my parents and it’ll be his first time to meet my grandparents and cousins down in Georgetown and Burnet. I’m so AMPED. Beware of picture overload when I get back. XD We’re leaving tomorrow night, granted the weather isn’t too rough. Of course a snow storm is coming in the evening we want to leave. Bah.

So. Without further ado.. memes.

I stole these memes from Merystic over on LiveJournal.com.

Because I’m awesome that way.

Ahem.

Christmas Meme!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, mos def. It’s more fun to tear into them. XD

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I’m back and forth. I love the smell of the real ones plus going out to where they’re sold and getting to pick a nice one out. But I don’t like having to constantly vacuum up dead pine needles every day and watering it. Fake ones don’t have the nice pine smell and you can tell they are obviously fake, but less mess and maintenance. We have a fake one right now.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving evening.

4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Years. It’s always depressing though because everything has died down after the holidays. Blah.

5. Do you like egg nog?
Not really. It’s too thick for me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Back in the day they had this thing called ‘Creepy Crawlers’ and it was basically an oven that had these little metal plates with imprints of bugs and other things. You had this special goopy stuff in different colors that you would fill the imprints with and bake them in the oven and then you’d have these rubbery bugs and stuff to play with. (I was a big tomboy, can you tell?) I wanted that thing so bad and that Christmas I got it I went bonkers. I don’t think I’ve been more excited over something. I had that thing for years and years.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Everyone. I never know what to get people unless what they like is blatantly obvious, lol.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom. She loves pumpkins and owls so I’m good to go if I get her anything that has to do with those, lol.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No but I want one! I may get one next year. <3

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Snail mail ftw. I wanted to send out picture cards this year of us but things were too hectic and it ended up being to late to get them done. =(

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I was 13 and still very tomboyish and my aunt’s sister whom I’d never met came down and felt she had to get presents for everyone to be fair, but instead of asking what everyone wanted she just guessed. She had gotten me this dress up set with fake nails, shoes, a dress, and other dress up things that was meant for a five year old. lol.. it was terrible. I wasn’t the only one that got a pretty bad gift. We all thought she would have been better off if she didn’t get anyone anything, lol.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Jingle All The Way with Arnold Swartzeneggar. You can’t get any more cheesy/awesome than that. XD

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After Thanksgiving, but NOT Black Friday. People are MEAN on Black Friday. Ugh. No thanks.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, but I would if I had to, haha.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I don’t really have a favorite. I like all the food, lol.

16. Lights on the tree?
O_o Well.. yeah. It would be pretty boring if there weren’t any.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come Emmanuel. My mom used to sing that to me when I was a baby. The TSO version of Carol Of The Bells is pretty rad too.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
My mother in law and my mom take turns getting us for Christmas every year. This year my mom gets us. Leaving tomorrow evening! <3

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.. .. and Rudolph. I think I might be forgetting one.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. Growing up we had a ball ornament looking thing that formed into a long spike on top that was a tree topper. (The way I described it sounds weird but it really is cool looking) Now that I have my own tree I’ve been trying my hardest to find one and I can’t! ARGH. So we have.. nothing on top, haha.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We always opened one gift Christmas Eve and the rest for morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
How mean and nasty people get when it’s Black Friday. I’ve had to work during Black Friday before and people got in fights, shoved, pushed.. and this year even going as far as knocking the automatic doors off the hinges at Old Navy. Omg.. Christmas spirit is NOT present when Black Friday happens. It’s like everyone turns into a tantrum-throwing kindergartner.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
My favorite ornament from childhood was this little simple wooden angel, but her hair (made of yarn) looked like she had just come out of a tornado. We always laughed when we took her out of the box to hang her on the tree. My favorite ornament on my own tree is one that’s Victorian themed with a couple dancing and it has a heart above them with a swirly banner saying ‘Our First Christmas’. It’s made out of resin and has real vintage lace on her dress.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?
I don’t have a favorite. I love all of it!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Too many things to list here, but most of all I wanted crazy socks. I love socks and can never have too many. The crazier the pattern the better, haha. I was going to say a Mac but I’m getting that in January! GO ME!

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
People are supposed to respond?

2009 Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Be in so many weddings one right after another. Good Lord I’ve never been a bridesmatron/matron of honor so many times.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really do new years’ resolutions. I try to keep stuff up all year round.

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With my family and friends down in Abilene. It’s gonna be insane. XD

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My fish Yoshimitsu.

5. What countries did you visit?
None, blah.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A Mac and a job outside the house. Both I know I’m getting FTW.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No date comes to mind, really.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It’s sad, but I really can’t think of any. 2009 was a year of mainly just trucking along.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Messing up the finances a few times.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think I’ve gotten more stomach bugs/eaten stuff my stomach didn’t agree with this year more than any other year of my life.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A washer and dryer. OH HOW I LOVE THEE. We ended up moving to an apartment complex that don’t have hookups right now though so a friend is babysitting them for us. I MISS THEM.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Yay.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Stripped by Shiny Toy Guns

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Art

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting waaaaaaaay too much time.

16. What was your favourite TV program?
Vampire Diaries, Hell’s Kitchen, So You Think You Can Dance and America’s Got Talent.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.

18. What was the best book you read?
I got into the Twilight series, which were pretty rad. (Cheesy.. but rad, lol)

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Owl City, MuteMath

20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh Lord a TON of good ones came out this year that I absolutely loved.. New Moon, Inglorious Basterds, Where the Wild Things Are, Monsters Vs. Aliens, Star Trek.. Probably my three most favorites were Up, Zombieland and Terminator 4.

21. What did you do on your birthday?
I… don’t remember.. wtf, lol.

22. What kept you sane?
Art

23. Who did you miss?
My mom and grandparents. Oh and Thomas during Glo. Argh he literally didn’t exist for two weeks.

24. Who was the best new person you met?
Haven’t really met anyone new, per se. I need to quit being a hermit.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
You can’t be a perfect parent, no matter how hard you try.

No comments: