Wednesday, April 30, 2008

.God is good.

God is very good.

So many things have fallen into place and it's so wonderful.

The trip to Abilene to see my folks for my birthday was spectacular. Everyone cooed over Vincent and we had a great barbecue with everyone hanging out on my birthday, and a huge, multi flavored cheesecake to end my most awesome 23rd birthday. I was sad when we had to leave. *sigh* I'm always sad when it's time to leave my old home, though.

Thomas no longer works for that horrid fiber glass plant. Another job opportunity opened up when things were turning for the worse at his job. It's too long of a story for me to want to get into it now.. but needless to say, Thomas has the job of his dreams now. A media director's assistant opened up at our church, and Jonathan, the media director and a good friend of ours asked Thomas if he would like the opportunity. Thomas, of course, jumped on it. The only thing standing in the way of him getting it was if they were going to pay him enough, at least as much as he was making at the plant. Things worked out to where he'd be making -more- than he was at the plant! So Thomas gave his notice, and now he's working there as I type this entry. He's WONDERFUL at graphic design and loves doing it to no end, and now he's doing it for a living. I'm so happy for him. This also means no more 12 hour shifts, no more fiber glass shards getting stuck in my feet and hands that he accidentally tracks into the house, no more having to wait until he's showered to hug and kiss him after coming home from work, no more coming home late after Vincent and I have already eaten and no more night shifts. We actually get to eat dinner as a family at a decent time.

To add icing to the cake, we got the apartment we've been praying for! There were so many odds against us but it all worked out. I'm SO excited. We move there in two weeks or less. We'll be getting one of two units.. one is on the sunny side, and one is on the constantly shady side, no matter what time of day. In all honesty I want the sunny side, but if we get the shady side that'll be fine too.. I'm just glad we're getting our dream apartment! There will be so much more room.. Vincent will have his own room, and we'll have two bathrooms! Because it comes with a microwave, we get to bless our friend Kris with the one we have now since his family doesn't own one.

Thank you, oh Lord, for your many blessings. You gave us the desire of our hearts, and continue to do so. Thank you..

My apartment is clean. Clean, meaning none of my clutter is around anymore. Thomas' mom, who organizes peoples' houses and offices for a living, came over and helped me un-pack rat my apartment. It was a four day long process, along with her having to be brutal with me and forcing me to throw away things that had no purpose but I wanted to keep anyway. So now my closets are organized, along with storage boxes and bins that're labeled and stacked neatly. No more piles and piles of papers around the desk.. and she even got me a stacked drawer case to keep my artwork in and labeled. =3 I can breathe.. I even made myself a cleaning schedule that I'm keeping up with so the house doesn't get so cluttered so quickly. To top things off it'll make it SO much easier to pack things in an orderly matter for when we move soon.

Also, the ever so lovely Shara is coming to visit! I hope we can get into the new unit and unpack before she arrives so I won't have to be doing all that when she comes by to hang out. I want to invite everyone over for a New Apartment party. Video games, food, drawing, and just hanging out and enjoying each others' company in a new roomy dwelling will take place. =D I'm so excited.

Speaking of Shara, I miss her. I don't get on instant messenger much anymore, so I haven't talked to her for a while. It'll be refreshing to see her again in person though. =3

Anyway, I'll end it here. I hate leaving such large gaps in between posting.

No comments: